Here is what September looked like for me. Went to the big rivalry game of the Iowa State Cyclones vs. The Iowa Hawkeyes. Unfortunately as you can see (bottom left) my team lost. Go State! Mid September my daughter and I had to say goodbye to our dog, Blaze. He was with me for almost 12 years. Best dog I ever had. End of September I went to my first Iowa Hawkeye football game. I know, such a traitor!! It was a ton of fun even though they lost. Both games came down to the final few seconds. The Iowa State vs. Iowa game was hands down one of the best college football games I’ve been to!
All that being said; between school, after school activities, work, and all the fun stuff I’ve had little to no time to meal prep. I hit the gym almost daily but meal prepping took a back seat. This month I tried every weekend to spend at least 1 hour throwing together a few meals to have throughout the week. Rather than prepping all my meals, I made one for each day.
My grocery list included:
- Two blends of salad
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 1 container Strawberries
- Turkey Bacon
- Broccoli Head
- Thin Shredded Carrots
- Greek Yogurt Cesar Salad Dressing
- Bag of Pink Lady Apples
Meal prep was super easy:
- Baked chicken breasts, olive oil & Pepper
- Sliced the Sweet Potatoes and covered in olive oil, pepper, and Tumeric. Baked until edges were crispy
- Pan cooked 8 slices of turkey bacon, cooled, and diced
- Hard boiled 4 eggs, cooled, peeled and sliced
- Cut the broccoli & cauliflower
- Sliced the Strawberries
- Bacon, Eggs, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots in a large container (leave salad mixes separate to avoid getting mushy)
This hour of work gave me enough to make 5 salads, 4 chicken and sweet potato meals, and some strawberries & apples for something sweet to snack on.
Might sound boring eating the same thing multiple times a week, but once you start thinking of food as fuel for your body you will like prepping so much more! And you will continue to like meal prepping if its quick, easy, and headache free.
Current Gym situation: 235 on squat & 135 on bench. Feeling pretty good for *almost* 31.