This recipe is a complete FAIL that turned into a win. I mean it really highlights my inability to read a recipe and comprehend it. For the first time in FOREVER, sing it Anna, my failure turned into something really tasty. NOT pretty, but tasty.
This is the pin I attempted. I love cheesecake and I love cupcakes, so it sounded amazing. The only problem. I had no sprinkles, no vanilla cake mix, no walnuts, and no graham crackers in the house. I also only have cupcake tins, no fancy mini cheesecake molds. I also lack the ability to read because instead of using 1/4 a cup of cake mix I was somehow convinced I needed to add ALL THE MIX, so my batter ended up being WAY too thick. To counter act this I added more sour cream, 1 more egg, and a bit more sugar just for fun LOL. I also had to extend the baking time since I used cupcake tins instead of ‘mini cheesecake tins’. So below is my utter failure, but hey they tasted pretty darn good.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Batter:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease cupcake tin, I used coconut spray
- In a box melt butter, mix in salt and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Line the bottom of each tin with vanilla wafer crust. Press firm with spoon.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once combined add sugar and cake mix a little at a time until combined. your batter will be THICK, but its real good.
- With a spoon, fill cupcakes to the top of tin. I didn’t pack them full, I just scooped out enough that it was to the top, not 100% jam pack full….if that makes sense. This was also the point I realized things had gone astray….when the directions said POUR the mix…and I had a near solid mass of play dough like batter. LOL.
- Bake for 20-23 minuets depending on how soft you want your cupcakes.
- Allow to cool for easy removal.
There you have it. My failures created this ugly yet delicious masterpiece….nailed it.