After my epic day of baking Sugar Cookies I thought I’d share my favorite frosting recipe to date. I’ve tried 4 or 5 of them so far and this one by far is the best.
I’m picky when it comes to frosting…Can’t be too sugary, you know that crunchy-I-can-feel-the-Diabetes-Coming kind? It needs to be a good combination of just enough sugar and cream cheese whipped to perfection.
Of course in true Lindsay fashion I took ZERO photos of making the actual frosting, but here’s their final form.
What you’ll Need:
- 2 CUPS Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 and a half CUPS Powdered Sugar
- 1 (8oz) Block of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a big bowl combine the cream cheese, salt, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Mix until there are no lumps or bumps.
- In a different LARGE bowl or mixer, beat the heavy cream until its stiff and forms little mountain peaks. For people like me who aren’t Betty Baker, this means you’ve basically made whip cream, the real homemade kind. Once it’s that consistency, you’ve made it.
- Combine your cream cheese mixture and whip cream in one bowl.
- Can be kept in the fridge up to 1 week. Not amazing for decorating, but really good.